Faith

I've always been very quiet about my faith. My relationship with God is a very personal thing and not something I like to discuss. Our language is very limited and I don't know how to express a lot of how I feel.

Today's sermon was about Joseph and his coat of many colors. Actually, the coat was never mentioned. It wasn't important to the lesson.  The pastor just told his story like you would anyone's story. Most people know the story, no matter your belief or thoughts on the matter.

But for a recap: Joseph's father made it very clear Joseph was the favorite son. He had dreams of being in a position of power, even above his family. These dreams made him so excited he couldn't help but share. His brothers did not like this. They sold him into slavery and faked his death. He becomes the most beloved slave in his master's household until the wife tries to seduce him then gets him sent to prison when she lied about who was trying to seduce who. (According to scripture Joseph was pretty much a hottie). In prison, he ends up in a position of power above the other prisoners. He has this gift of telling the meaning of dreams and uses it for the pharaoh's cup bearer and baker. Both come true. The baker dies and the cup bearer goes back to his job for the pharaoh. Years later, when the pharaoh is having dreams of skinny cows eating fat cows the cup bearer remembers Joseph and tells the pharaoh about his Joseph's gift. Joseph comes and explains the dream. There would be a famine in the land but great prosperity before it happened. Store food while things are hearty so the land would have food during the famine. All happens as he says it would. He becomes second in command to the pharaoh and because the famine has worked it's way outside the lands too, Joseph's brothers end up coming to Egypt to ask for food. Joseph ends up being the one they have to ask.

I needed this today. I have yet to hear a sermon I didn't need. This past week has had me looking at past events in a negative way. I don't know why but I've been a bit sour. It hasn't been a very nice way to be or a very nice way to feel. And I've noticed how people react to me when I'm like that. It's definitely not how I want to be reacted to.
So what I got from this story was that no matter where we are and how bad is feels at the time there is a reason and that we are never alone in our suffering. We are on the path we are meant to be on. We will get there when we are supposed to.
And, just like Joseph, I needed those trials to become who I am today. ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Update

Late Night Rambles

It's Called Foreshadowing For A Reason