It's Called Foreshadowing For A Reason
As I've said before, Johnny and I ended up at my brother's at the same time last year. While chatting with Granny earlier today a story popped into my head I haven't thought of in quite awhile.
A little background info, if you will:
My brother and Wife have a little boy, Zeke, and this little boy loves his Uncle Johnny. Uncle Johnny has been uncle for way longer than we've been together. I like to joke that I had to marry back into my own family and the only way to do that was marry Johnny. It is quite interesting to go to the bar with my brother because he always introduces Johnny first as his brother, then me as his sister, then Johnny and I as married.
And on to my tale:
When I first saw Johnny play with Zeke the thought popped in my head about how wonderful he would be with his own children. Then I wondered why he wasn't married like the rest of his Marine brothers and who would the lucky girl eventually be.
I really never thought it would be me. I was so messed up and lost at the time. I was living on my little brother's couch, for crying out loud.
PB's birthday was exactly a year since I moved away from NOLA. In that time so much has changed and yet it transitioned rather smoothly.
I have hopes of PB being a romantic and after hearing this little story not settling as easily as have done before. Just a little happy thought to end my day.
Comments
Post a Comment