My Beauty Routine
**Disclaimer: I am a Presenter with Younique which means I sell the product(s) I'm writing about. All opinions are my own and are very honest.**
I've never had a real beauty routine until recently. I was the chick you'd see at the coffee shop or diner with smudged makeup on her face because I was too lazy to wash my makeup off before I went to bed. I was always having trouble with oily skin or nasty breakouts even if I wasn't wearing makeup. When I got a bit older (I'm going to be 29 this year) I started to notice around my eyes were starting to look older. I wasn't getting carded anymore. Something needed to change.
I now have a three step routine. Wash, moisturize, eye serum for bedtime and wash, moisturize, makeup for mornings. The makeup isn't always a step I use although even on my lazy days mascara and lip gloss have become a staple.
Step 1: Wash. I use either Illuminate Clear or Illuminate Clean from Younique. They both cost $39 a bottle but last 3-5 months depending on how often you use it and what you use it for. Not only are they a face wash, they can be used as a mask or a scrub when sugar is added. I use the Clear the most because it gets rid of all the oiliness in my skin. I smoke off and on and I cook at least twice a day so the oil really builds up. The Clean I use in the morning or when my face just doesn't feel as dirty to me. Word of caution, you only need a pea size amount. A little goes a really long way.
Step 2: Moisturize. This step is serious, especially this time of the year. It's super cold outside and heating the house takes all the moisture out of the air. This was a step I skipped a lot when I was first getting my routine down and it was not helping the way my skin looked and felt. So with my last order I put in for our new moisturizer, Divine. This stuff is AMAZING. The Texan rarely comments on girly stuff but even he noticed how soft my skin felt after just one use. It's the best $39 I've spent in a long time. It's so gentle yet effective I use it on PB for her chapped little chin. It clears it up in two days and keeps it clear. This is just really good stuff! My only regret is I didn't buy it sooner.
Finally, Step 3: Eye Serum/Makeup. At night I use the Uplift Eye Serum. And sometimes in the morning if I've had a rough night. If I could of had this stuff after PB was born I may have never gotten slobbish. It feels so great around my eyes and shows results quite quickly. The bottle will set you back $65 but it can last up to a year. In the mornings I get out my makeup box. Younique has a great makeup collection so every day is totally different but for a quicky out the door look I'm all about the 3D mascara and the Lucrative lip gloss in Luxe.
I use Younique and am a Presenter because the products work great for me. Nothing that I have used has ever irritated my skin like most everything else I have ever used and it lasts a really long time. If interested in anything I've mentioned click the links or view everything at MommaMascara.com I'd love to hear your feedback so please leave your comments.
I've never had a real beauty routine until recently. I was the chick you'd see at the coffee shop or diner with smudged makeup on her face because I was too lazy to wash my makeup off before I went to bed. I was always having trouble with oily skin or nasty breakouts even if I wasn't wearing makeup. When I got a bit older (I'm going to be 29 this year) I started to notice around my eyes were starting to look older. I wasn't getting carded anymore. Something needed to change.
I now have a three step routine. Wash, moisturize, eye serum for bedtime and wash, moisturize, makeup for mornings. The makeup isn't always a step I use although even on my lazy days mascara and lip gloss have become a staple.
Step 1: Wash. I use either Illuminate Clear or Illuminate Clean from Younique. They both cost $39 a bottle but last 3-5 months depending on how often you use it and what you use it for. Not only are they a face wash, they can be used as a mask or a scrub when sugar is added. I use the Clear the most because it gets rid of all the oiliness in my skin. I smoke off and on and I cook at least twice a day so the oil really builds up. The Clean I use in the morning or when my face just doesn't feel as dirty to me. Word of caution, you only need a pea size amount. A little goes a really long way.
Step 2: Moisturize. This step is serious, especially this time of the year. It's super cold outside and heating the house takes all the moisture out of the air. This was a step I skipped a lot when I was first getting my routine down and it was not helping the way my skin looked and felt. So with my last order I put in for our new moisturizer, Divine. This stuff is AMAZING. The Texan rarely comments on girly stuff but even he noticed how soft my skin felt after just one use. It's the best $39 I've spent in a long time. It's so gentle yet effective I use it on PB for her chapped little chin. It clears it up in two days and keeps it clear. This is just really good stuff! My only regret is I didn't buy it sooner.
Finally, Step 3: Eye Serum/Makeup. At night I use the Uplift Eye Serum. And sometimes in the morning if I've had a rough night. If I could of had this stuff after PB was born I may have never gotten slobbish. It feels so great around my eyes and shows results quite quickly. The bottle will set you back $65 but it can last up to a year. In the mornings I get out my makeup box. Younique has a great makeup collection so every day is totally different but for a quicky out the door look I'm all about the 3D mascara and the Lucrative lip gloss in Luxe.
I use Younique and am a Presenter because the products work great for me. Nothing that I have used has ever irritated my skin like most everything else I have ever used and it lasts a really long time. If interested in anything I've mentioned click the links or view everything at MommaMascara.com I'd love to hear your feedback so please leave your comments.






Comments
Post a Comment