Our First Christmas

Christmas with The Texan's family is a three day event. December 23rd is spent eating Chinese food, the 24th is spent in your home making merry, and the 25th is spent visiting. The Christmas of 2012 The Texan and I had been together for three months, we shared an apartment with his sister, Kristi, and we had decided sobriety was our best course of action if we wanted to have the life we had started to discuss in all seriousness.

We spent the 23rd at his grandparents having a delicious feast of Chinese takeout and reading our fortune cookies by adding "in bed" at the end of each. We passed out gifts and just enjoyed each other. I was just getting to know everyone and watching the interactions was just as exciting for me.

The 24th we spent the evening passing out gifts to each other, Kristi, and their good friend Brian. The Texan gave me the most unexpected gift, the pearls I had been dreaming about my whole adult life. I probably cried a little.

On the 25th we had yet another feast after spending the morning making our dishes to pass. This is the morning we learned Kristi did not know how to make mashed potatoes after she proclaimed to Granny that she LOVED to make them. WE still chuckle about that every time we make mashed potatoes.This same day I learned what a White Elephant was, which is a kind of gift potluck. I met so many relatives I still can't keep them straight. After the gift giving and stuffing ourselves too full with wonderful food The Texan and I made our to the movies. When we got out everything was blanketed in white. We had to sit in the old pickup truck for over a half hour trying to keep warm.

Not to sound like the hopeless romantic I am, that Christmas set the bar for all our Christmases to come. I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and enjoying the small stuff. Happy Holidays Everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Update

Late Night Rambles

It's Called Foreshadowing For A Reason