Hi, Amanda!!!

My neighbor calls me Amanda. She's always yelling across the parking lot to say "Hi, Amanda". And when we chat she says it so many times, I feel like she's trying to convince me that that's my name. It's absolutely hilarious. No one can seem to figure out why she has chosen this name for me but she says it like I own it. I wonder what she thought after I handed her one of my Younique cards with my actual name on it... She's not the first person to call me by another name and actually believe it. The first time I met my father in law her said "Hi there, Shelly. I've heard a lot about you." The Texan and I had a blast with that and I had full intentions of letting him continue to call me Shelly until he figured out what my name really was. I know now I need to let Grandmother in on our little games so she doesn't correct anyone. i still wonder sometimes how long I would have been called Shelly had he not been corrected. I like to imagine it would have gone on for some time. Unfortunately for my entertainment, my father in law is way too smart to have not noticed others calling me Jenny. I hope you get a little chuckle out of this too and happy June 1st!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Update

Late Night Rambles

It's Called Foreshadowing For A Reason