Finally Got To Share My Baby Knowledge

I know i said in my last post that I would talk more about Younique but I had an amazing conversation today I got a chance to share all sorts of knowledge I have collected.

When it comes to babies I'm usually the one asking tons of questions. Not today though. My new friend is a young mother with an eight month old little boy. She wanted to know about feeding solids. This is something I have researched to the point I may not be able to find anymore information on it. I'm not saying I know what I'm talking about I just know PB is happy and healthy and her doctor has no complaints. This is what I shared with her.

PB is on a semi strict schedule of when it comes to meals and naps. I use Pinterest and Lord Google for most everything I search so I was ecstatic when I found this awesome pic to use. I seriously reference it every day.


Naps are usually 45 minutes long and unfortunately crying it out is the only way we have found that works to get her to sleep now that I quit nursing her to sleep. I'm really looking forward to her getting past this point in her little life. Scheduling the naps has worked really well for her though. She's not so crabby when she sleeps and she sleeps better at night. Now that it's warmer outside I try to take her out before naps and bedtime and that helps out a bunch too.

The Texan gets up between four and five in the morning Sunday through Thursday. PB likes to get up around 5:15 to share daddy's smoothie and get a diaper change. She goes back to sleep until around of 7am when we sit on the potty then have breakfast. Yes, my almost nine month old uses a potty.

Breakfast is usually a 1/4 cup of Gerber strawberry banana cereal. The one with bits in it. I mix it with formula. We play on the floor while the news plays in the background until nap time at 9am.

For lunch we have scrambled eggs, a jar of baby food, tuna fish, mac and cheese, yogurt, cooked green beans, or anything else that's soft and she can pick up on her own. She also enjoys toast and jam, ravioli, ground meats and chicken breast. I pre chew the chicken a little before I give it to her.

We then play, get our running around done, and visit the neighbors if they're outside. Then it's back down for a nap. This may even last 90 minutes instead of just 45. Don't forget a trip to the potty. :)

Snack time we sit in the chair with her sippy cup and a 1/2 cup of Plum Organics puffs. She loves those things and I get to snuggle my little one for just a little longer. We play together and get the rest of our running done, if there is any. The Texan gets home around 3:30 but I try to get her down for that last nap before he walks in.

Dinner is around 5:30. We all sit down together. PB usually get a few bites of what we're eating unless it's too spicy and she gets a jar of baby food and her cup with formula. After dinner the Texan gives his baby girl a bath and her last cup of formula.

I still breastfeed at night because she wakes up at least twice a night.

So a few extras I haven't covered. If a baby is eating solids three times a day they shouldn't have more than 30 ounces of formula or breast milk. No peanut butter, hot dogs, solid grapes, or anything else that is round and can be choked on. Honey has bacteria in it that can make them sick.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If you have any questions please feel free to message me or comment. I love input.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Update

Late Night Rambles

It's Called Foreshadowing For A Reason