I've Been Away for Awhile

I've been quite remiss in posting. I'm sorry for anyone that's been following. So here's an update on everything that has been happening so far. PB will be 8 months on the 11th of this month. Her grandpa was here for her rolling over for the first time. What an amazing milestone! She had her first plane ride in March when we went to Texas to meet the Greats. She did way better than I did on the flight. I personally hate flying. I know I have no say over dying but a plane crash is NOT how I want to go out. Drowning is #1 on my list. As a first time mom and brand new to flying with an infant I took WAY too much stuff with me on the flight. In the future I'll know all I need is diapers, wipes, baby carrier, nursing cover, and ONE toy. I also brought a change of clothes for PB and a shirt for myself, just in case. Now if you're not breastfeeding you'll need formula and water. Yes, you can take water with you if you have small children. Make sure to check with the company your flying with to know all their specific rules. Also, remember to bag EVERYTHING. You do not want to be holding a wiggling child as your purse or diaper bag is searched. I know this for a fact. What a pain in the ass. I also did baby wearing for the first time. I personally hate it but it's a necessary evil if you get stuck flying alone or having to walk a long way. Both Detroit and DFW are huge airports so I made a point of strapping her on. Last month PB went from sitting up in her crib to standing in her crib in just 10 days! I never understood the saying "they grow too fast". Well they do. Once they hit a milestone they'll hit the next one before you can fully appreciate the last one. Also, we have a tooth! I couldn't figure out why she was such a crab then, bam!, a tooth starts popping through. She's a pretty good kid overall but teething turned her into a bad dream. We're well into solid food. She's a bit picky but it seems like she only hates bad food. Hopefully this means we won't have a junk food junkie. I'm also working on weaning her to formula. I'm ready to be done breastfeeding. I'll post about that next time. If you have questions for me or any suggests on post please feel free to comment or message me. I didn't realize how much I missed writing until my fingers started gliding over the keys. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Update

Late Night Rambles

It's Called Foreshadowing For A Reason