Our First Date Night!
Tonight my anxiety is so high I'm leaking milk through my shirt. PB didn't wake up for her customary second feeding at 9pm and has been asleep since before 8pm. I'm seriously exhausted but can't seem to relax even after my shower.
This seems to happen after we've gotten into a good bedtime routine for awhile and then it changes. I've become worse about routines than PB. :)
We had a great day today though. My Texan forced me to leave the house and PB in the very capable hands of his father who is here for a visit and took me out on a date. I actually put on grown up clothes, brushes my hair, did a little makeup, and walked out of the house not smelling like spit up! I'm still in shock! We had a wonderful dinner and didn't speak about the baby, except towards the end. (Don't judge until you're sitting in a restaurant surrounded by babies and your breast so swollen they're escaping the bra you crammed them into right before you walked out of the house.)
I truly enjoyed myself, swollen boobs and all. I miss my husband and I miss being just his wife. It was wonderful not sharing each other's attention. I'd almost forgotten what an adult conversation could be like.
I believe I really needed this, we both did.
Comments
Post a Comment