Daddy Is Not The Giver Of Baths
Getting PB on a schedule was hardly any work at all. Just do the same thing every day until she falls into form in a couple days. Having the Texan home in the evening is really helping too. She doesn't fight bedtime and sleeps really well at night. She seems to actually enjoy having a routine to live by.
Being a stay at home mom I'm around PB all the time. I am the main caregiver and this she knows. She makes a point of letting us both know when we switch it up on her.
Last night I had to make an apple pie my neighbor requested and gave me apples for. Before I could start we had to go to the grocery store so I didn't get started until around 6:30. Bath time is directly at 7pm, not because I'm not lenient but because PB isn't. If she's not in the bathroom at 7pm she gets really fussy and demanding. She has this fake cry that is her way of voicing her displeasure that makes my heart break. I can't tell from across the room yet when it's real or fake but I'm figuring it out. Plus, whether it is fake or not it's kind of annoying.
So her daddy being very helpful, not only with the pie but with PB decided he would give her a bath and I would finish my project. This did not suit the little princess one bit. All goes well until he pulls he from the tub. At this point I start hearing the most awful crying. The first time this happened I ran directly to the bathroom to rescue my sweet little baby from the horrors she experiencing. I had been duped.
The pie goes in the oven and a very harassed husband comes down the stairs carrying a clean, swaddled, bundle of displeased baby and hands her to me. In between swallows of milk she explains to me how it is NOT daddy's job to give her bath time and how dare she be abused in such a way. She's the same with a bottle. Daddy is NOT the food source. He is for snuggling, burping, sometimes changing clothes and diapers, and of course, a means to get to the food source. It seems to me we're getting just as trained into a routine as she is.
Comments
Post a Comment