Why Is Everyone In My Room?
When Johnny married me he got me and a very spoiled shih tzu named Holly. Holly is much more of a cat than a dog and she thinks she's my baby. She also thinks that the nursery is her room. She enjoys lounging in there when she's not in her "cave" under the TV. So with that being said, she was very excited when we brought her a rocking chair for her to sleep on and today she was very excited that we finally set her up a real people bed. Except, she can't get in it. And her baby is in it. She'd like to to know what the hell is going on. Why is everyone in her room tonight using her chair and her new bed.
The answer is tonight is PB's first night in her own room. She had a blast playing in her big crib earlier today and I think she'll love sleeping on a more comfortable mattress. She's sleeping most if the night and she'll be grown out of her tiny crib in no time. I'm looking forward to getting a little normality back into our bedroom and having a place that isn't baby based.
Honestly, it's killing me. I just want to sit in there and watch her sleep. What if she gets scared and needs me? What if she gets too warm? Or even less likely, what if she gets to cold? And the biggest question is, what if I'm just not ready? I'm sure she is. That kid can sleep anywhere. I've made sure of it. She has been held by every family member and sleeps through getting passed around like a little doll. She's safely swaddled and seems quite content. We'll just see what the rest of the night brings. God forbid I might actually sleep well tonight.
Comments
Post a Comment