The Blind Leading The Blind Following The Blind

Today was day one of weaning Princess PB to a bottle. It can't be called a complete failure since it is called weaning. I've been meaning to do this but when the husband was working nights it was way too much work. So according to everything I've been reading I'm starting about a month later than suggested.
Weaning to a bottle is much like perfecting your latch when you first get started breast feeding. Neither one of us have any idea what the hell we're doing.
There are multiple suggestions and techniques and I figure I'd try a combination of them all until we got it right. The easiest and least traumatizing seems to be nursing, offering the bottle, then back to nursing before either one of us gets too frustrated. She just needs to learn her latch for the bottle and know she'll get food from this source. She's taken bottles before but recently she's been refusing anything but me. She's got me trained pretty well.
The next suggestions is to enlist the help of others so today the husband was put to work. It's the blind following the blind leading the blind. The three of us were like monkeys with a football to say the least. We'll be working on this one in the afternoons from now on.
I'm still going to stick with breast milk and keep her morning feeding and night feedings. My goal is to be able to give her a bottle when we go places. There's going to be so much going on in the next couple months that it'll be easier for all of us, PB most of all, if we can efficiently give her a bottle. I'll know I'm feeding her enough during our outings and won't have to worry so much. Plus it'll be an easier transition to sippy cups and eventually a big girl cup when the time comes. At least, I can hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Update

Late Night Rambles

It's Called Foreshadowing For A Reason