Super Saver
I read somewhere that babies can cost upwards of $2,000 just in the first year. That's a lot of money. Diapers alone can cost $50 a month and keep going up with every size since the boxes stay the same but have less diapers in them. When I started reading the cost of babies while I was pregnant I decided I would do everything in my power to save as much money as possible. I threw down all my hangups and excuses and immediately picked up the Sunday newspaper and scissors and started cutting coupons. Well, this isn't 1986 and most everyone has smartphones and computers so things can be easier than what they were for our parents. If you know where to look. I did not but I'm definitely learning.
To start with, I have a rewards card for everywhere I have ever shopped. I'm on their email list.
Kroger's lets you download coupons right to your card from their website and app. They even have a Friday deal that gives you a free item to download.
Meijer's has Mperks. It's not a card but after you sign up on the website you use your phone number and a pin to keep your coupons and rewards. They also have an app.
Coupons.com allows you to print coupons from there page. There are several coupon websites to choose one, this is just the one I currently use.
Every single item that you use has a website and every website offers coupons, promotions, and mailing list. You might not get the coupons right away but you'll open your inbox one day and find an email from them.
Enfamil and Similac send really great gift packs when you're expecting a baby and continues to send coupons and samples. I just received a sample of the travel packs from Enfamil last week. I don't use formula but they're nice to have around, just in case.
Gerber and Toysrus have mailing lists. You can get to babiesrus from the Toysrus website where they're having a sweepstakes to win $5,000 gift card.
Huggies and Pampers both have rewards points to get gift cards or entered in a sweepstakes.
I'm sure I'm missing some great deals and freebies but I'll make sure to add them in future blogs. If in doubt, check a company's website. You'd be surprised at how much you can get for just browsing the internet or signing up at a store.
And just for a treat for yourselves, the Godiva store you walk by at the mall and fantasize about has a rewards card, like a lot of stores do, but their perk is a free truffle once a month, no purchase necessary! You can't beat that!
Comments
Post a Comment