Introducing Princess Peanut Butter!!
Our little one may never know her real name. Everyone calls her something different and I'm no better. I refer to her as Princess Peanut Butter or Peanut Butter for short. I picture an adult asking her her name and her responding with one of the many pet names we have for her. Or even better, someone calling her by her real name, which is Olivia Grace, and her correcting them in some smug way. Yes, she'll be smug. How could she not be? Her father is a Texan and her mother is, well, me. I already know teachers will want to talk to us. Something along the lines of "she can be so sweet, then suddenly she gets this... *shudder*.. look". The look will be a sassy smile with a gleam in her eye. I've seen it on her dad's face. It's quite spectacular.
As I've said before, I pretty much hate children. They're ok to look at but I'm out as soon as they start making noises or smelling bad. Thankfully I've made an exception for my own.
I'm told everyone feels the same way about their own children, that they're the most perfect baby ever. Especially your first. Even I have become that parent . But Olivia is perfect. I've known it from the moment she calmly came into the world. She was calm, I was not. One wrong move and the nurses lives could have been in danger. I've never felt such primitive emotions. I was in complete awe of this tiny orange haired thing they handed to us.
She's almost eight weeks old and every single day amazes me. She's growing so fast and forming the most awe inspiring personality. She has this smile that she flashes at us. And those eyes! She takes in everything! She never asks, just demands. She has no patience for waiting.
Who is this little sprite that will one day rule the world?
Comments
Post a Comment