I Am Not A Human Pacifer

I breast feed PB. Not for the health benefits, not for the extra bonding, and definitely not because the lactation cultists at the hospital tried to convert me. How do you convert someone who is already converted? I breast feed because formula is expensive AND it smells awful. The other benefits are great but in light of being completely honest these are the facts. I'm cheap and hate smelly children. Being a breast feeder, I let her do her thing. She eats when she's hungry and sometimes snacks all day with a couple long feedings. Having just acknowledged that out loud, I should probably fix that before she gets out of larvae state and starts eating people food. Anyways, she doesn't always just eat. She's starting to grab at stuff and get distracted. Especially when Daddy is around. Other times, like right before bed, I become the human pacifier. Or a chew toy when she's over tired. Don't give them a bottle or pacifier right away, they say, she'll get nipple confusion, you read. Yeah, right. She absolutely refuses anything other than me. She will only take her pacifier while almost asleep in the car seat but not for long. On the upside, my fear of having a two year old with "binky" problem is obsolete. We had a rough night last night and the day hasn't been any better. She only rests when she eats and is the fussiest I've ever seen her. Maybe she's going to have her next growth spurt or maybe she's spoiled rotten. I've learned, but don't always remember, that patience is friend and time will tell with this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Update

Late Night Rambles

It's Called Foreshadowing For A Reason