Always Be Thankful
PB is getting better with the bottle. At least she did well yesterday. We lost power last night after a transformer blew and put on a huge light show in our little neighborhood, which meant it was super cold in the house and we did a lot of snuggling and sleeping all day. When she did finally get I just offered the breast and only once asked the husband to take a crack at the bottle. It was pretty much unsuccessful but I'm not worried. I'd much rather have her drinking from me so I know she's staying warm. Other than a blown transformer I didn't see any real damage. The husband said it was like walking out of a creepy movie when he got to the next block since nothing seemed affected.
We got power back right before 6pm and it's still pretty cold in the house. I, personally, am terrified of being cold. It makes me irrationality anxious. And on top of being a new mother, I was a wreck today. I can laugh about it now but I did NOT like having my little one go through that.
I am very thankful for being able to offer PB a warm home to live in. I am even more thankful for my husband who gets up to go to work every morning so we can take care of our little bundle. He didn't have to go to work this morning since the police were blocking all exits to prevent people from wandering. He could have been like everyone else in our apartments and let the police tell him he wasn't allowed to leave and call into work . But instead he insisted and they let him through. That, my friends, is a good man and a great provider.
Comments
Post a Comment